background

Friday, April 30, 2010

Migration/ Bearding is so slight

So this morning in the light of day I am finishing the open wool batting samples and upon closer inspection there is a slight amount of migration. Everything I read about open batts said "severe migration/bearding issues." Maybe that is the case with Merino wools, but is not the case here. These photos are after washing this sample and I had to fold it back and photograph and edge to be able to see any at all. So I made another with 1/2 black backing and here are the photos of both so you can see too. Now these are low thread count muslin's I used in my sample so I imagine using good quality quilt shop fabrics would greatly improve the results. Double click the photo to get a larger view-
Debra

1 comment:

sewbeit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.